Drivers are responsible for delivering the goods that have been placed under his/her responsibility, while respecting all relevant legislation, such as the highway code, employment code, etc., as well as all instructions given by both the client and Malherbe Group.
The driver’s responsibilities
- Receiving transport orders from the operations department.
- Checking the loads and their condition.
- Verification of the correct loading and securing of the goods.
- Using the correct equipment for the securing of loads (straps, positioning bars, etc.).
- Transporting goods according to instructions given by the operations department and respecting all relevant legislation and safety procedures.
- Immediately informing the operations department of any incident that could adversely affect the collection or delivery of goods (fuel reserves).
- Permanent monitoring the correct functionality of his/her vehicle and the carrying out of routine maintenance on his/her vehicle.
- The filling-in of all necessary transport documentation.
- Respecting safety and loading guidelines for each location of loading or unloading.
- Applying the guidelines detailed in the Driver Guide.
- Participation in the development of Malherbe Group’s image.
Required knowledge and skills
- Complete professionalism in the transport of goods.
- Flexible availability.
- Constant concern for the company’s reputation.