A charterer is responsible for putting together transport solutions, either requested by their clients or by other parties within the company for which they work, by sub-contracting. He/she reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Receiving of internally generated transport requests, for sub-contracting.
- Receiving of external chartering customer orders for transport (telephone, fax, etc.).
- Responding to requests for quotations for existing chartering clients.
- Analysis of these requests, verification of their feasibility and, if necessary, requesting that modifications be made.
- Researching suitable sub-contractors, who are able to provide the required services.
- Initial selection of sub-contractors.
- Communication with the clients regarding the results of this research.
- Follow through to completion of contracted services.
- Maintaining of regular, daily contact with clients and any after-sales service.
- Motivation and organisation.
- Excellent communication skills and a clearly defined aptitude for negotiation.
- Good knowledge of the transport industry, of ‘Ulysse’ (transport booking and chartering software) and of European transport legislation.