A mechanic is responsible for carrying out various maintenance tasks on road transport vehicles, according to instructions given to him/her by his/her superior(s).
Responsibilities of a mechanic
- Regular preventative and spontaneous maintenance, to be specified by his/her manager.
- Preparation of vehicles for government inspections.
- Preparation of new vehicles for first road usage.
- Preparation of used vehicles for resale.
- Repair of vehicles when new problems are discovered during routine maintenance.
- Respect of all workshop safety regulations.
- Commitment to be present, even when required out of hours.
Required knowledge & skills
- Knowledge of Heavy Goods Vehicle mechanics.
- Flexible availability (sometimes out of hours).
- Experience preferred.
- A hard-working attitude and the desire to work as part of a team.