Operations/Shipping agent M/F
The Operations/Shipping agent is responsible for putting into effect the transport orders that their clients have requested by using the means at their disposal.
Responsibilities of the Operations/Shipping agent
- Client management.
- Receiving transport orders.
- Analysing transport orders and confirming their feasibility.
- Organising the transport according to the locations and the availability of each team’s vehicles. Transmission of the results to the chartering department if not feasible using Malherbe’s own fleet.
- Monitoring of the successful execution of the transport services.
- Management of the technical and human resources used for the provision of the transport services.
- Confirmation of the correlation between accepted orders and the resources employed in their delivery.
- Transmission of instructions to the drivers.
- Monitoring of the correct implementation of legislation governing driving times and capacity.
- Establishing the best itinerary according to the client’s imperatives: delivery time or cost.
- Monitoring packaging (recovery).
- Filing/distribution of paperwork “Shipping consignment notes” to a group of people or to a driver according to the order or planning.
- Finding suitable freight services for returned goods.
- Management of product turnover margins.
- Management of the information required for the identification and resolution of problems that could affect the quality of Malherbe’s customer service.
Required knowledge and skills
- Have highly developed communication skills.
- Be organised and have a methodological approach.
- Have knowledge of legislation governing international transport.
- Be motivated.