Goods handler/Fork-lift driver M/F
The Goods handler/Fork-lift driver is responsible for loading and unloading goods. These goods may be temporarily stored on a cross-docking platform or in a warehouse.
Responsibilities of a Goods handler
- To respect all security and quality regulations and guidelines.
- To register vehicles at the quay and their contents.
- To transmit daily reports on the state of the platform to Operations every morning.
- To transmit daily reports on the number of pallets available to the pallet department.
- To register arrivals using the correct documents “Shipping consignment note”, “Insurance & damage report “, and “Pallet register”.
- To check the quality and quantity of incoming and outgoing goods.
- To load and unload goods to/from the vehicles/platform/warehouses.
- Filling-in of all documents relating to the job.
Required knowledge and skills
- Ability to drive various types of fork-lift (be in possession of a certificate).
- Have a CACES certificate.
- Be organised, have a methodological approach, be hard-working.
- Be careful and responsive.